Rules and Regulations
The purpose of this manual is to inform all clients of the rules and regulations of TNT Dance Explosion, Inc. All rules are strictly enforced. We encourage parents to review this booklet with their children so they are aware of the rules and what is expected of them.
- Parents may wait in the lobby for students, or students may be dropped off and picked up after class.
- Teachers and assistants can not monitor the waiting room or other parts of the establishment. Do not leave small children unattended.
- No food or drinks are to be brought into the dance rooms.
- Weather related closings will be broadcast on the local news as well as our phone system.
- Cubbies are available for student’s belongings. Lockers may be rented for the season, for the amount of $15 for small, $25 for large.
- TNT is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. TNT does have a lost and found.
- Tuition is based on a yearly fee and is broken into 10 equal monthly installments for your convenience. A 5% discount will be given for tuition paid in full by September 30th.
- Tuition is due by the 1st each month, a $10.00 late fee will be charged after the 5th business day.
- Overdue accounts may be subject to students not being able to participate in classes until account is up to date.
- Private classes are to be paid in advance or the teacher will not be able to teach the class.
- There will be a $30 fee for returned checks.
- TNT accepts cash, checks, VISA or MasterCard. Automatic credit card options are available.
- Tuition will not be prorated for absences or holiday closing.
- Make-up classes are available through December.
- Discounts are available for additional siblings.
All students are required to pay a non-refundable registration fee.
- $30 – New Students
- $20 – Returning Students
This fee is due when registering.
Class spots will NOT be held if fee is not paid.
All students are required to pay a $50 non-refundable recital fee, $35 for each additional sibling. This fee is due no later than December 1st, and will cover the cost of the theater, scenery, props, programs, tickets, etc. A late charge of $5.00 will be charged for any deposits not received by the 5th business day of December.
A non-refundable costume deposit in the amount of $50 for each costume no later than November 1st. A costume balance for each costume will be due no later than March 15th. A late charge of $5 will be charged for any deposits not received by the 5th business day of November.
The cost of private lessons will be added directly to tuition and will be due and payable on the first of the month. If you wish to sign up for a private lesson, please fill out a request form located at the front desk. Openings are limited.
Private classes must be paid in advance or the teacher will not be able to teach the class. Students must contact the teacher prior to cancellation of a private class, or the student will be charged for the missed lesson. When proper notification is given, those classes will be made up.
TNT reserves the right to cancel any scheduled classes due to low enrollment or lack of interest. Class cancellations will be at the director’s discretion. All students will be given the option of an alternative class, if available.
Students who drop-out of classes must notify the studio in writing of their decision. Students will be charged for all classes up until the notification letter is received by the studio.
There are no refunds for Registration or Recital fees. Costume deposits will be returned up until December 23. After this point, costumes will have been ordered and the student will be responsible for all costume balances as well.
TNT will offer a scheduled visitor’s week for all parents, grandparents, friends, etc. to observe the class. All other times, parents are asked to wait in the front lobby for the duration of class.
Like any other physical sport or activity there is always the element of risk. By attending TNT classes, students and parents are agreeing that TNT Dance Explosion Inc., its teachers, landlords, and employees are not responsible for any claims or injuries in the dance studio or surrounding properties.
All students are required to wear a black leotard with tan tights. Hair is to be pulled back securely off the face and neck. Warm-ups may be worn at teacher’s discretion.
Dance shoes for non-competitive students are: taps, jazz and ballet, unless teacher specifies differently. Parents will be notified if a specific color will be needed for recital dances.
All competitive students will be informed by teachers of necessary shoes and attire.
Code of Conduct
- Students are expected to be well-behaved, and to show respect and courtesy to their teachers, as well as classmates and parents.
- Students will be dismissed from class for unreasonable behavior or excessive absenteeism. There will be no tuition reimbursement for such occasions.
- Students may sit and do homework between classes. They are NOT permitted to enter or disrupt other classes that are in progress.
- Students are not permitted to touch the stereo equipment.
- Students are not permitted behind the desk or in the office area for any reason.
- Students may use the telephone for emergency purposes only. All other calls will be charged 25 cents per call.
Teacher biographies are available for reviewing on the website.
If a parent needs to speak to a teacher for any reason, please do so by calling the studio and leaving a message, e-mail or by setting up an appointment. Teachers have very tight back-to-back teaching schedule and can not be pulled out or disrupted during class. The teachers will be more than happy to return your call or meet with you at the earliest convenience.
All competition students are hand selected by the Directors and other instructors and are placed accordingly.
Competition students are required to attend ALL scheduled classes. Students will only be excused for sickness or required school functions (chorus concerts, band concerts, etc.). Sporting events are not excusable, unless prior permission is given by your teacher.
Students are offered the opportunity to participate in numerous fundraisers throughout the season. These activities are a service offered to you to reduce dance expenses. They are all completely optional. All information will be made available to you as the fundraisers occur.
A monthly newsletter will be sent home with each student informing parents of all upcoming events, fees due, closings, etc. If you have an e-mail address, your newsletter will be sent directly to you.
Please inform the studio of any newsworthy information that you may have for our newsletter, we would be happy to include it.
- All students registered in classes will be expected to participate in recital.
- All students will be required to attend all rehearsals designated for the show(s) they are performing in.
- Professional videos will be made of the shows and may be purchased.
- Professional pictures will be taken and available for purchase of all students interested, including class photos.
From time to time students are asked to do additional performances other than the recital. All students will be informed of these opportunities, and are encouraged to take advantage of them.
Pictures or Video
TNT reserves the right to use all pictures or videos of students for the purpose of advertising and or promotion of the studio.